Saturday, February 19, 2011

Rescue Me

Many of you know that Ted and I adopted a beautiful floppy-eared dog last year. It was as if the universe pointed me to sign on facebook, and join OCPBR's facebook page just in time to see Jayda, a girl that was in danger of euthanasia that same week. Jayda was special to many in the rescue community, but without Jennifer Aldridge, she wouldn't have seen another day.

We met the pair by chance but will be connected for life as we train Jayda, fund-raise, and educate on the importance of rescuing a dog in need and being responsible for their well-being. It's the Pits helped save our future dog, and another worthy organization is having a fundraiser tonight where I am donating a photo session to another pack. Come join me at Pints for Pitbulls in the LBC and buy a raffle ticket to win my session or any of the other fantastic items they are giving away every half hour.
Pitbull awareness is essential to the life of this breed, and the San Diego Meet-up Group has some great events all year round, including trips to the local beaches, pitbull kissing booths, and pack hikes. I was fortunate to be included in the National Pitbull Awareness Day last year, here are some pics of my favorite dogs:




Saving a life feels good, and if you don't have room in your home, donations are ALWAYS welcome. ;)

1 comment:

  1. love these soooo much!! You are very talented and I hope to be at your level one day!

    ReplyDelete